made by Leeloumade by Leeloumade by Leeloumade by Leelou

Friday, March 2, 2012

Hey look, It's Friday!


Is it just me or has this been a crazy long week? There's been so much going on... I'm sure being off of work last week didn't make this week any easier but still... Anyway, here's a peek into my week.



If you read Monday's post you know that I was working on my "action plan" and trying to feel better and get my fitness back into gear. Part of my plan was drinking more water and I know I was successful with that this week. As a valentine's day gift my secret sister from church gave me one of those plastic cups with a straw that doesn't slip out of the lid. It is now my water cup and I'm drinking a lot more water. I don't know why but I drink more if I'm drinking from a straw. I don't like using open-faced glasses or cups when I'm working. I get bumped so often by kids I spill more than I actually drink (I use a travel mug for my morning coffee most of the time). Thank you secret sister, whoever you are. 












I did make it to yoga! I also was able to go for a short
 run on the treadmill before class. That was a good. 



Jeremy covered daycare for me so I could go to my bodypump class. I've had a painful time with squats (only when using the bar) and lunges. Last week I was talking to my instructor about it and she was able to give me some advise on what I might be doing wrong. She was right about everything. I'm embarrassed to say that I've been doing lungs so wrong all these years. They're still hard but not as painful. I absolutely love this instructor. I've had a few but she is by far my favorite. I like her so much, I take her Sunday morning class in Folsom too. (Of course, I'm already in Folsom on Sunday mornings for church but now I'm hanging out at the gym while the kids are in Sunday school instead of the coffee shop and stuffing my face with sugary treats.) This Saturday she'll also be subbing in my Saturday class so I'll see her three ties this week, woohoo.

In addition to bodypump, I ran for half an hour on the treadmill and them came home to watch Biggest Loser with Sami. I've been watching BL since season 7 and this is the worst season I've seen. The only reason I'm still watching it is because it's mine and Sami's date-night. All the drama that the contestants get them self into have been useful though. I'll ask Sami what she would do in a similar situation and we talk about different ways a situation could have been handled. In a few weeks they will air the show they taped in Hawaii. Bethany Hamilton will be on the show teaching the contestants how to surf. She and Jillian Michaels are Samantha's celebratory idols so she's super excited the March 20th episode.


Samantha came home and told me about the substitute she had that day. Before I list the horrifying details let me acknowledge the fact that Sami's class is made up of some of the rudest, obnoxious future thugs ever and this teacher was, no doubt, provoked and pushed to the limit but there's no excuse for Sami and her friends had to go through. 
[1]
The teacher yelled "shut-up" to my daughter's 6th grade class all day. Sami and her friend counted seven times in the last ten minutes of class alone
[2]
At one point during the day, one of the kids asked her why she was yelling at them. Her response: "oh, you think this is yelling? I'm an actress and if I was yelling, the people in the front of the school would hear me"   
[3]
One of the more quiet boys in the class was holding a handful of pencils he had taken out of his back pack. She saw him and accused him of stealing her pencils. When he denied stealing them she tried to snatch them out of his hand.
[4]
She told the class that they are all awful kids (this is after her morning speech about how she doesn't believe there are any "bad kids") and if she ever came face-to-face with any of their parents she would let them know how bad they are as parents.
[5]
When one of the boys was visibly angry at something she said she dared him to punch her. She was quoted by Sami and my neighbor's son as saying "take a shot, come on, are you too scared?!" Are you frickin kidding me?!?!?!?!


Jeremy got home shortly after Samantha did and then the two of them went up to the school and talked to the VP. We were told that she would not be invited back to our school and we told Sami that if she is in a situation like that again has permission to gather her things and go to the principals office. There's no reason for her to be verbally assaulted by anyone! (Other than me, of course) 


The bright side of Wednesday, I got my iPhone! Very exciting. As if I needed to a stronger addiction to my phone...


    It was just a day. Nothing super awesome, nothing super tragic. I had to go to the red cross to update my first aid certification. The class was scheduled 6:00-10:00 but it was  really small class and it went by fast. We go out at 8:00. 

By the way: I passed with 100% Yep, I'm bragging about a first aid test.



Today! I balanced out checkbook (I had been putting that off) and I found out that I have enough cash to get a new pair of running shoes. I'm so excited about that, it's a little sad. As soon as the last daycare kid leaves I'll be on my way to Fleet Feet for some new running shoes. I mean real running shoes, not what ever I can find on sale at where ever I happen to be getting stuff for the kids. My feet are going to be so happy with me.


About an hour and a half after school started today we got a phone call from the school. Turns out Nevyn's teacher wasn't there for a few hours in he morning and they had a sub-the same sub Samantha's class had on Wednesday! Nevyn waited until they were walking out to the playground for P.E. then slipped out of line and went to the office to call us. Jeremy (he has Thursdays and Fridays off from work) went to the school to pick him up. We told him, in the future, he needs to tell the teacher before he leaves (she got a little freaked out when she was short a kid) but overall we were very proud of his actions. He did exactly what we have told both kids to do if they are ever uncomfortable with an adult in in their classroom.  




I have a seven mile run planned in the morning followed by a bodypump class then lunch with a friend. Jeremy's working so I'm not sure what I'm going to do with my kids during all of that but I'll figure it out. 

I hop you all have a great weekend!



No comments: