made by Leeloumade by Leeloumade by Leeloumade by Leelou

Monday, January 30, 2012

my sweaty weekend

Have you ever noticed how things seem to simply workout sometimes? It's great! Sometimes it's really big things that seem to fall into place, like money for groceries or to fill up the gas tank. Other times it's small, almost insignificant things like a gap in your schedule just in time to get invited to a movie. Over the weekend I had such a situation and I want to share it with you.

A while back I started going to my gym's body pump class. It's a weightlifting class and I got addicted to it. I was going every Tuesday evening for a while but then the gym's class schedule changed and my class was moved from 7:30 to 6:30. I was pretty upset about this because even though I live really close to the gym, my last day care kid(s) don't leave till closing (6:30) and there was no way I could make it. (It's always a really full class and I used to go right after work so I could get on the class list before it filled up.)

Last Tuesday Jeremy covered the last half hour of day care so I could make it to my long lost body pump class. It was so great to be in there again! I knew I wouldn't be able to lift what I had gotten myself up to when I was a regular body pumper but that was okay. I did pretty well though, better than I had expected. The instructor was telling us all that to really get the full benefits of body pump, we should try to go to two or three classes a week. I knew there was a class on Saturday mornings at 10:00 so right then and there I decided to go to that class too.




When I checked in at the gym on Saturday I was told that, as part of a promotional thing, I could up grade my gym membership to a "Super Sport" membership at a discounted price. I thought about it during my workout. There were only two super sport gyms that I knew of, downtown and Folsom, and I wasn't sure if I would really use the upgrade. But... if I did upgrade, I could workout on Sundays after dropping the kids off at church (Folsom Landmark Baptist) for Sunday school and 9:30 and be back in time for Sunday service at 11:00. I decided to go for it.

When I got home (after a 3 mile neighborhood run) I checked the group class schedule for the Folsom gym and guess what? There's a body pump class that starts at 10 on Sunday mornings! Yep, that's right, yesterday I went to another body pump class. I had to leave class about 15 minutes early to get to church and change but it worked out great and will become my normal Sunday morning routine.






No comments: